Lost in the Sierra’s
We have had severe weather for the last week and another big storm is due in tonight. The snow levels will be around 6000 ft then drop to about 3500 ft. Most people in
- Leave accurate information with someone as to What, When Where and time you will return.
- Do not depend on your cell telephone many places in the mountains the cell telephone will not work
- Make sure you have tire cables or chains for your vehicle (Are they the correct size and do you know how to install them.
- Emergency Kit in your vehicle
You could make up or buy one that fits your needs–some suggested items for your emergency kit are:
- MREs or packaged ready to eat food
- A Leatherman or similar combo tool
- Space blankets
- Emergency food bars
- Flashlight w/emergency flasher light w/extra batteries
- Fire starter kit w/water proof matches, a can of quick start
- Towing straps
- Small first aid kit
- AM Radio
A better suggestion would be go to the Survival Store.
They have a large selection of survival kits for different situations at a very attractive price. Be prepared and enjoy your trip.